Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

My Moggie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mog Dog
2nd gear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: My Moggie Reply with quote

Have been a member for a while now and am still looking for a 4AGE enthusiast to poach info from. PM'ed Odd Bod, No reply. Lovely LCV.
Moggie: 1960 4 dr, last registered 1986.
Plan: Full restoration/modification. Fit Toyota 1600 Twin Cam 4AGE with a T-50 5 spd box. Obviously a stronger rear end required, not sure which one yet. Jelly Bean Mags, Front Wheel Discs, possibly rear as well???
Outside, the body to remain essentially original with possible blinker/parker light modification for aesthetics. Chrome grille or maybe staino mesh??? Front Spoiler. Duco: Shelby Cobra Metalic Blue.
History: Belonged to my Sister and Brother-In-Law in Orange, country NSW. Once the rego ran out they used it to travel to the nearby town of Millthorpe as it wasn't very reliable on the open road.
On the farm my B-I-L had plans to do a restoration, so had acquired 3 other Moggies of less than honourable state of repair for spares.
Since then I have got her and she patiently waits for work to commence.
Blue Sedan Blue Sedan Blue Sedan

frosty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My Moggie Reply with quote

Mog Dog wrote:
Have been a member for a while now and am still looking for a 4AGE enthusiast to poach info from.

Grant69 and myself are going down this path.
Quote:
PM'ed Odd Bod, No reply. Lovely LCV.
- yes a great job done
Quote:
Plan: Full restoration/modification. Fit Toyota 1600 Twin Cam 4AGE with a T-50 5 spd box. Obviously a stronger rear end required, not sure which one yet. Jelly Bean Mags, Front Wheel Discs, possibly rear as well???

There a several different 4A-ge 's so be carefull on what you get - some of the later ones have the dizzy in the wrong spot. Also the 20valve 4A-ge 1600 TC is unsuitable. You want to get the 88kw engine (silvertop) bigport from a AE86 (rwd) [now hard to get in good nick] or get a FWD and convert to RWD as I am doing. The T50box is the correct one you need. It would be best to get the whole car so that you can get all the loom , ECU, seats etc etc.
For your front discs use from corolla KE55 or KE70 and for rear end (complete) use KE55 ( drum) as there is only 10mm width difference from the morry. (also its easier to hook up the rear handbrake cables etc with this model) so keep your eye out for a complete KE55 as well.

cheers

Mog Dog
2nd gear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frosty,
Thanks for the info.
Quote:
You want to get the 88kw engine

I should have mentioned, I already have my 4AGE 100kw FWD waiting for RWD conversion. It has the side dizzy so will be OK. Motor even came with A/C compressor so thinking about that as well.
Quote:
Grant69 and myself are going down this path

Yes, I've seen Grants' Web page and have PM'ed Grant about his conversion too. Some great info from him as well.I really have to pull my finger out and make a start on it.
Blue Sedan Blue Sedan Blue Sedan

Scouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: My Moggie Reply with quote

Mog Dog wrote:
PM'ed Odd Bod, No reply. Lovely LCV.
It shouldn't be too hard to get in touch with Matt (Oddbod). He's in Sydney too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: