Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Wiring Flashers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Got the hang of this ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Wiring Flashers Reply with quote

I am still having a bit of trouble with wiring these flashers. All is wired up via the loom. 12 Volt supply going to X on the can, L on the can to centre terminal of switch. Right and Left terminals going to front and rear flasher units.

I don't have the flasher units fitted yet, but what I have done is bolt one to the body (so as to give it earth) and wired it up. when I flick the switch I am getting the light on but not flashing. It's not the can as I have tried two cans with same result. The light at the unit seems a little dim, not super bright. Do I need to fit all four flashers to the body for it to work? Can't understand why the can is not clicking at all. I don't have the pilot light wired but have connected the P terminal to earth and this makes no difference Any clues?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: