Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

51 Morri and I need to pick a name for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
looznutz
I am not the Stig

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: 51 Morri and I need to pick a name for it. Reply with quote

Hello everyone my name is Edgar I live in Los Angeles California USA and not to long ago I aquired a 1951 Morris Minor. I have liked this car since I was a child but never really put much thought into getting one. Well one day I was browsing the ads and there it was for sale - make a resonable offer. Well I made the offer and the gentleman took it. We exchanged money for car and here I am; a proud owner of a Morri. The car was shipped to New York and the owner drove it from New York to Los Angeles were the gentleman who sold it to me bought it. My plans now are just to get it registered and drive it the way it is for a while. The future plans are to put a Jag front and rear end, a toyota 3stg turbo motor and new paint job. The car has rust on the right wing and I will probably need help in getting the panels from Australia.

graham
At rest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day Edgar

Welcome to our little community.
Pardon my ignorance but what is a 3stg motor?
What sort of power would you expect?
Pictures are always good.

Cheers
Graham
Very Happy Blue Sedan Very Happy

looznutz
I am not the Stig

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it is a Toyota 3sgt turbo motor. As for horsepower Toyota claims 225 stock. Wich should be plenty for the Turtle.

Hoary Morrie
Got the hang of this ...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone drove a Morris from New York to Los Angeles!!!!

Bet that hasn't happened too many times.......

The guy deserves a medal.

looznutz
I am not the Stig

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He drove it with the original side valve motor and the motor still running nice and smooth. It will need a head gasket though or maybe just the head nut retorquing. I will need to rebuild the carburetor as it is fouled from letting it sit for sometime. I will need to rebuild the fuel pump as well.

rascar
Got the keys

Location: Brisbane, QLD Australia. Bingley, West Yorkshire UK.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Edgar,

Brilliant bit of info on the NY to LA trip. You gotta take your hat off for that one!

Looking forward to some updates on how you get on with the little side-valve before the retrofit.

We lived in Belmont Shores for a couple of years and on a few occasions spotted a light blue Minor and also a white one running around Long Beach and once up in Century City.. Still have the photo's somewhere as it just looked so cool.

How did you go with a name?

Cheers,
Darrell

minormadman
I can steer now

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Loosenuts.

I have just recently held a poll (conducted for me by another Forum member) on selecting a name.
Inviting all Forum members to suggest names which were entered into the poll ,after a set time there were 9 names voted on eventually giving a tie for first place.
The Guy I got the car from originally, ended up casting the final vote-which actually finished up with the name of "Phoenix" sort of rising from the ashes so to speak (it was going to be scrapped before my ownership)
If youre game- let the forum know a little bit more about yourself-the car-your background-hobbies and go with it.
You maybe surprised to see what comes up and at the end you can still glean ideas from them all and still call it what you like if you want.
regards
Cliff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: