Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

STORM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoffrey
At rest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: STORM Reply with quote

[img][/img]
[img]
[/img]
[img]
[/img]

11 years in the making, and it's just about to go onto the road, powered by a fully balanced 1275cc Marina (English) motor with port & polished head, extractors, 1 1/2" carby, Cam with wide lobes, head converted for unleaded petrol, extractors, 5 speed Celica box, Large Lancer front brakes, 13" hot wire wheels (From John Druery's van) Bosch alternator, plus lots of other little goodies. Seats from I know not what - soon to be recovered in possibly Velour, Hood to be fitted when I can get down to Melbourne.
This is Kates car (Daughter) and is named STORM as colours blend with that GREAT League side resident down here in "Mexico" (Go the STORM)
Geoffrey (Red Leader)

grant69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !

fweddy
Got the hang of this ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have you done to the underside? it appears to sit very high?

Geoffrey
At rest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: STORM Reply with quote

Fweddy
Not sure why it is so high, possibly because it has not been driven on the road since the total rebuild and therefor the suspension has not settled back into its load bearing position.
Also, with the 13" wheels and possibly a lower profile tyre it gives the appearance of sitting up as we can see.
The car has just been delivered back to our Melbourne Home and as I reside and work 300km (4 hours) away I have not had a chance to inspect the vehicle as yet, will be approx 3 weeks before I hit Melbourne.
Think there might be some night driving around the local block to get some sought of feeling for it. Not registerted as yet.
When Kate - Daughter- was parking it around the back of the house she said it dropped wheely's without any problem.
Go the STORM
Geoffrey (Red Leader)[img] Red Convertible [/img][img] Red Van [/img]

Scouse

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Geoffrey, stunning colour choice Very Happy Very Happy .

Looks like under the bonnet was hit with a snowstorm (sic), but sounds like it'll all blow out with that motor!!!

Geoffrey
At rest

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: STORM Reply with quote

Scott
Welcome back and congratulations from down south on the nuptials, finally made an honest man out of you??? (See what those up North can do with that one.)
Small story regards the color and also the engine bay.
Firstly the color, Kate (Daughter) was wondering what color she wanted, was wandering through Highpoint shopping centre, gazing in windows as is the norm for most ladies and saw a Butterfly clip in a hairdresser shop, went in and purchased it - took it over to our great friend John Norder who was working on the vehicle and stated that this was the color she wanted, it was matched by the experts and you now see the result.
This was done about 6 years ago, well before FORD came out with their purple.
The engine bay was forgotten by John, could not get the engine in quick enough when it was all set up and completly forgot the engine bay, may have to take the motor out to do it justice.
I personaly have not seen the car since it was delivered back to our Melbourne home several weeks ago, going down to Melbourne this weekend (on our way to Darwin again) so am looking forward to sneaking it around the block to get a feel of what it may be like when finally registered and on the road.
Still some minor details to be done, such as upholstery and fitting the hood plus Kate is heading to Europe for 3 months when we get back from Darwin so thinking it may well be Christmas before it is finally on the road.
Working towards taking it to West Aust for the next Nationals.
Please pass on our congratulations to Leslie also.
Kindest regards
Geoffrey (Red Leader)[img] Red Convertible [/img][img] Red Convertible [/img]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: