Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Help required with re-wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kel
我能行

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Help required with re-wiring Reply with quote

I am looking for someone that would not charge like a wounded bull, to redo do my wiring loom in my Morry

I have been quoted, between $60-$100 per hour to do this, with no time limit. (How long is a piece of string)

I would travel Sydney to Newcastle to get it done properly at a reasonable fixed price.

I am thinking of a retire gentleman, that needs a little bit of extra pocket money for a week or two’s work.

I expect this to be fairly pricey, but I am worried that it could stem out to more then what it’s worth if I were to pay by the hour.

My morry is running a 4k Toyota engine, with modern day instruments in the dash and modern day blinkers.

Any suggestions would be welcomed
Regards
Kel

Lukezaid
Full Licence

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my loom from a mob in melbourne they produce the loom to what you specify and cost me 500 for a stock loom but could do for corolla or datsun or stereo etc, cloth braided. I Guess they would cost more now. And they are rather simple cars for diy. Best of luck

John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel it is not that hard, lay it out as it goes and start by connecting taillights fuel tank etc.,
Any problems just contact here and get advice .

Kel
我能行

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your replies, but as I travel a lot, I cannot seem to get enough time to do it myself. I would prefer to pay someone to get it done. That way, I can spend more time driving it.

My problem is that every now and again, electric's go bad and I spend half a day repairing it. It's a daily driver when I'm home, so I cannot afford it off the road when I'm home.

I am willing to pay someone that would be reasonably priced and would be a fixed price.
Regards
Kel

grant69

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kel, I agree with Luke the cheapest option would be to have a new loom made and then fit it yourself should only take half a day, there are quite a few people who advertise in the various magazines

Kel
我能行

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to all who answered, but I am still looking to pay someone to do it for me as I simply do not have the time at the moment to do it myself.

I have a gut feeling that it would take more than half a day.

Kel

jax
overdrive

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel the UK foruum has a current thread on wiring looms including photos that you might find useful / www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58098

cheers John G

grant69

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to fit a 4k and auto to my 58 over christmas(weather permitting) I am using complete donor car so will pull loom and put it in the morry, will let you know how long it takes

Kel
我能行

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so frustrating !!

I spoke to 3 auto electrician's on the phone and they all said bring it on in and we will look at it.

Taken the car to those 3 auto electricians and 2 have basically said no way as it is not a standard set up.

The 3rd one said, maybe, but at $120 per hour with minimum 20 hours, but no cap, and may need the car for up to six months.

Too much work around and they can pick and choose. or maybe it would be too time consuming and don't want to do it.

Kel

Eye Rolls Eye Rolls Eye Rolls Eye Rolls Eye Rolls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: