Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

51 MMmmm
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MorryStu
valued contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the diff goes, maybe a later model 1000 diff.

There is an easy adaption to put Nissan Pulsar rear disks on the back. You can buy the caliper bracket ready made from the States

For a gearbox, you cant beat the Toyota T50 5 speed. You would NEVER go back to a morris box ever again. You can still buy the conversion kit for them, but a box will prob cost you $5-600 now

jax
overdrive

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be fooled into thinking that struts are better because thats what moderns use. the geometry is inferior to double wishbones but manufacturers like struts because they are quicker and easier therefore cheaper to install on the assembly line. I once read an interview with Issigonis offsider Jack Daniels, who said they tried struts in a minor but abandoned the idea because on the test drive they found it was "bloody dangerous". If Nuffield with all it's resources couldn't make it work. I respectfully suggest you have no hope.
I grew up around MMs and they were not as slow as some make out. Having had 3 daughters who learnt to drive in a minor, I doubt your daughter is going to care about ultimate performance,You have a potentially nice car of historic significance and probably increasing value, why change it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: