Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

My first car...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah
Thanks ~ nice to be here

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: My first car... Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm new here.

I've just turned 18 and have recently bought a 1952 Morris from my mum's uncle. It was part of his collection of old cars but didn't really fit in, and so he was happy to part with it - and for a bargain price of fifteen hundred (pays to have family connections Very Happy ).

I'm bound to have lots of questions about my car so I thought joining this board could be a good idea!

This is a pic of my Morris (not yet named). I'd eventually like to paint it but I'm not sure which colour yet and cause I'm a student I don't really have the money so I'll have to live with tomato-red, lol. Can anyone tell me roughly how much a professional paint job costs?

Scouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome along Sarah Very Happy .

How can a Morry not fit in anywhere, let alone with other old cars Shocked .
Oh well, their loss is your gain Very Happy Very Happy .
Does your car still have the sidevalve motor fitted ?

What's wrong with the paint now ? You'll get used to the colour soon enough. As long as the paint itself is OK, it'll look great for years.

It's very difficult to give a price on a "professional" paint job. A professional will have to strip the car down virtually to bare metal if he's going to guarantee his work. Then he's likely to find all sorts of horrors that have been hidden for 50 years.
As a ball park figure, $5000 would be cheap(ish), $10000 would be expensive Mad .

John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sarah
Your car looks alright to me. Plus it is an earlier Model a rarity these days
Painting is not cheap,but you can save money by doing some preparation your self. I painted my own time consuming and very hard to get a good finish. Yellow Sedan Yellow Ute Very Happy Very Happy [img[/url]

drnasty
I've got trainer wheels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Paint job Reply with quote

hey Sarah... find a guy thats a car buff then get the thing painted on a promise then..... Move, it works as it happened to me and she has a lovely Morrie

morris53
I'm new - be gentle

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Perth too, and recently got my Morris painted inside and out by B&T Panel and Paint in Malaga. He did an absolutely fanatastic job in pearlescent green with a clear coat for $4000. If you want a deluxe job he'll also paint inside the engine bay, but I did that my self.
Hope that helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: