Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Another Minor in the USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfish
Got the keys

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Another Minor in the USA Reply with quote

It's me again. My wife decided that she would never get her '58 2-door on the road, so she sold it... and bought a running '58 4-door!

As purchased

She immediately set to dressing it up. The scallops will eventually receive pinstripe outlines in deep teal. Later she will repaint the entire car... something hopefully not eye-searing yellow.

Then she stitched up and installed the door panels:

Next up is to install carpet:

more photos

The car came with a complete dual carb intake, aluminum racing wheels and a slew of parts. The old owner never threw anything out.

Is there a site where I can run the numbers on the motor to determine its displacement? I assume it's a 948, but we'd like to make sure. Also, does anyone have any pictures of how the pillar between the doors is trimmed? I can't seem to find any pictures showing it.

william ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Red Sedan Hi Hellfish, nice lokking morry, have a look under the manifold if it's a 948cc should have 950 stamped into the block and have an engine No starting with 9MUH------, or a 1098 will have a plate rivetted in the same place with 1100 stamped into it. Eye Rolls Blue Sedan Cheers from downunder William Ballard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: