Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Rally Entrants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » National Rally - Albury Wodonga 2015
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Littlehales
At rest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Rally Entrants Reply with quote

At a meetingof the AWMMCC last night a proposal waas put forward that Morris Minor owners who are financial members of car club other than a Morris or Morris Minor car club are eligable to enter the rally,this was passed unnanimously,and accepted by the members,the reason being that they as Morris or Morris Minor owners are accepted by these clubs.

Rally Bulletin No.6 out this week
Plus, concourse entry forms
meals,regalia will be on the website

grant69

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we hope one of these clubs will sponsor a National Rally, although it's "progressive" thinking, I think this will be the demise of the nationals. And although the noisy few who are in this for financial gain might think this is a win, in the long term, everyone loses.

I would urge all forumites if you want to go to the Nationals support a local or state club.

Matthew B
Full Licence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. This was put to the 10th MMNR delegates meeting and turned down. I don't see how an individual club can make a decision on what is included in the National Rally. Or is it that the club agreed to put this to the delegates meeting at this upcoming rally.

There are many MM owners who are members of their local vintage and veteran or other clubs, as it is then possible for them to be part of their local car community. Being a member of a club many miles away does not have the same benefit as the ability to attend club functions etc can be almost impossible. For example I would have to drive over 1300km to attend a run where the club is based!! (Yes Grant, I can come to Cairns, even that is 350km.... how many people travel those distances for a club run?)

However I do see the other side - will a vintage and veteran club run a MMNR - I doubt it, if other clubs are let in, what would be the future of the MMNR - other makes, models??? Also put forward at a delegates meeting some time ago was possibly allowing BMC make cars in the Morris -non minor category, which was also rejected.

John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Club has not mentioned a delegates meeting changing this "Club Membership Rule"??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » National Rally - Albury Wodonga 2015 All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: