Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

TrafficaTOR TO iNDICATOR STALK INSTALLATION

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edhouse1
1st Gear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: TrafficaTOR TO iNDICATOR STALK INSTALLATION Reply with quote

Is it possible to mount a 2A6215 indicator stalk and cowling to the steering Column on a 1954 Series 11 to replace the Lucas SWT108 Trafficator Switch unit (that is jammed in the corner behind the Wiper motor assembly). Was going to wire my trafficator switch to front and rear blinkers but the unit must have a crack in the bakelite and I only get 12volts in and to one outlet. It appears to be a cheaper alternative to purchasing a new SWT108 unit.
The main problem is clamping the 2A6215 assembly to the Steering Column so it stays horizontal when turning the steering wheel. Blue Convertible

edhouse1
1st Gear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: 2A6215 Stalk assembly. Reply with quote

Obviously no one has done this installation as I got no replies. I decided then to purchase a new SWT108 Switch from the UK and it is on the way.
Have fitted 2 Blinker relays in the wiring and a Blinker Light under Dash and will wait for Switch to arrive. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: