Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Alternator Bad news, Good news,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Alternator Bad news, Good news, Reply with quote

Getting the car ready a few weeks ago for the Gnoo Blas Classic in Orange and the alternator was not charging. I had taken the car in town to fuel up when I noticed a minus on the ammeter each time I hit the brakes and the ignition warning light was on.
A quick check with a multimeter showed no input so I took it off and started fitting another when I noticed the front plate was different "A left hand alternator" so now 4PM I headed to the Auto Electrics alternator in hand.
After a full bench test I got it back with the comments " working great, no cost. Try cleaning the terminals"
Cleaned up the blade terminals tightened the lugs and straight away full charge.
We got to the display with 9 cars from MMCCNSW (over 500 cars there) and all went well right down to receiving 1st place Sedan 1951 to 1965.what a shock.
For those who do not know Gnoo Blas was a famous race track in NSW where many famous drivers raced it was also the track where the first Australian Touring car Championship was held.
Many special guests again this year a my car was chosen by Garry Rogers Volvo V8 Supercar Team Manager.

Monk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: