Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Headlights left on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Headlights left on. Reply with quote

The amount of times ones leaves the headlights or parkers on had me thinking and I found a solution.
Modern cars have an audible alarm so why not Morris Minors, took me half an hour to do mine this afternoon.
Here is how to do it .
You need a few bits of wire, some spade lugs a 5 pin relay and a 12 volt buzzer they are $3 to $4 at Jaycar.
Find your parking lights wire from the switch usually red and connect a cable from it to terminal 30.
Next connect buzzer positive + active to terminal 87A ( the centre one) connect the neg. - black to earth/frame.
Find the load side of the ignition switch usually green/red connect to terminal 86 and connect 85 to earth/frame.
How it works terminals 30/87A are normally closed N/C so when lights are on power runs through to the buzzer, turn the ignition on and the relay pulls in through 85/86 and the power stops through the relay to the buzzer, soooooo leave the lights on and turn ignition off and the buzzer goes on.
I fitted my relay and buzzer to a 10mm piece of aluminium angle and connect my two earths to that then fixed it with a single screw under the dash.
Give it a go.

tosh
Got the keys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did similar to my daughters car many years ago

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Electrics, Instrumentation & Security All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: