Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

leopard print finally hits the road!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buickroadster
Got the keys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: leopard print finally hits the road! Reply with quote

well it's been a while but the '52 convet has finally hit the road and been test driven.paint came up great(tan with leopard spots and overlayed with gold flake!)really stands out in a crowd! the motor was more of a drama though,basically it's a supercharged holden 1.9ltr starfire four with a jap blower, mated to a tricked holden 6 cyl trimatic(no floor mods with this one!).bolted the motor together with a copper headgasket which didn't seal correctly and dumped 2 liters of water into the sump.didn't find this out till i started it up and promply destroyed the rings!.so after reringing and bearing the motor(again!)it started ok and we went on a test drive.heaps of power and great to drive.a few changes will be made though,the 3.89 toyota corona diff will be changed to a 3.5,a vh44 power booster will be installed on the front discs and a custom grille will be installed to cover the thermo fan(BIG).the wheels are 8"x14" on the rear(with 235 tyres-guards flared 3") and the front with corolla discs have 6"x14" and 185 tyres(guards flared 2")front and rear stabiliser bars are also fitted photo's soon Shocked

Robbo
troll

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I've seen it and it looks cool Robbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: