Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

modified 2door

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stracho
Full Licence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: modified 2door Reply with quote

Hi i have just got my car it was the one advertised on ebay a very modified 2door with a lowlite front i dont usually take risks like buying a car on ebay, but thanks to nice queenslanders like Frosty, who had a look at it for me informing me what it was like i took the plunge. After a few hassles over a period of weeks i got the car.Am very pleased with it,the mods are very well done ,neat well thought out drives like a dream, so you can be lucky some times,Also what helped a lot was the fact that even though it wasin queensland, it was registered and enginered in NSW.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2429/5712sb2mi.jpg
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/2586/5f12sb4iy.jpg
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/7892/0212sb7cv.jpg
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/854/ab12sb7oa.jpg
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7616/4312sb4af.jpg

moridat
Free Wheeling

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: strachos ride Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Red Convertible
you would be very proud she look's great.
the only thing is now you are going to get every man and his dog asking for photoes of various part's of the engine conversion cause most of us old rev head's will want one including me .....congratulations.

jg1982
I can steer now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice vehicle there, congrats.
Never used to like lowlights much, but they've really grown on me and when i've fixed all the rest of my junk I might look for one if there's any left Yellow Convertible

stracho
Full Licence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

Hi a big thank you to Scott for putting the photos on my email this OAP might learn to do it myself one day

Scouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried posting the photos instead of just the links but it wouldn't work last night Eye Rolls .
It's a very nice car .

morrymadness
Free Wheeling

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that is one cool ride Grandad in his racing machine

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
travellinbob
1st Gear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi that looks like a great moggy!! I notice that the engine goes way back in the engine bay. What kind of steering rack system does it have? I would be really interested in seeing it and learning out how it was done.
Cheers, michael.

oliver-morrisminor
Full Licence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Your ebay Morrie Reply with quote

Hi Stracho
when your car was for sale I went for a test drive and WOW. It is a beauty.

The then owner wanted me to take it for a decent run so we drove around abit, and once on the freeway he got me to open it up a bit and I tell you it had some poke. I actually told him I was not going to drive it as fast as he wanted me to.

There where many innvoations on that car, I think the builder had many great ideas.

I did hear a few months ago it was running a bit rough, have you sorted it out yet?

All the best and hopefully we may see you up in QLD for the 2009 Nationals if all goes well.

Oliver Borg

stracho
Full Licence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: 2door Reply with quote

Hi Oliver sorry with the late reply yes sorted out the problem going like a rocket,will definitely see you at the nationals in queensland if i still have my license john

stracho
Full Licence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: steering rack Reply with quote

Hi michael same thing sorry about the late reply the motor only goes back as far as the firewall, the bulk head has been cut out, it is a morrie rack but has been lifted up 100mm and back and using morris major uprights as mentioned before ,will try to get some photos cheers john

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: