Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

My "new" minor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
55update
I can do it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: My "new" minor Reply with quote

Hi guys,

been on here for a little while but now it's time to introduce myself (Jarred) and my 1955 Series 2 Update.

Picked it up yesterday...... again.

There's a little story to this car. My father bought this car for me 20 years ago when i was about 13 years old. We then restored it together as my first car and it was ready when i was 17 and on my P's.

This was our first restoration and it was an amateurish job..

I drove this car for about 5 years then parked it in my grandmothers shed for a few years as i went on a working holiday around the nation.

I eventually sold my little morry to a friend's father said he'd been looking at getting a minor to restore....

He rang me a couple months ago, saying he'd lost interest and would i like to buy it back at the same price? Of course i said Yes.

So the plan is to give it a really good clean, cut and polish, few little patch ups and touch ups on rust and stone chips, and oh yeah, completely strip the KE70 Corolla that runs out of rego this week and transplant it all into the minor.

wish me luck

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h249/woodwormm/minor/th_MorrisminorJuly2010028.jpg?t=1280056444

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h249/woodwormm/minor/?action=view&current=MorrisminorJuly2010027.jpg

Triumph Man
valued contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate she looks pretty strait, great you got her back (great dog kennel hehe)
Consider keeping her regoed while you do the convertion, easer testing when finished Very Happy

Trev
Aus

mollythemoggie
Full Licence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! as Trev said! glad you got her back!
good luck! everyone on here is brilliant! don't be afraid to ask questions! I've asked WAY too many for my own good.. (and others! hehe)

55update
I can do it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev aus wrote:
Consider keeping her regoed while you do the convertion, easer testing when finished Very Happy

Trev
Aus

Very Happy yeah SWMBO is obsessed with photos of the new puppy.....

Rego here in SA is pretty good. Doesn't matter how long out of rego and i can go back in and just pay for new rego.

i've already contacted our rego mods department and as long as i submit the forms, get the approval etc etc they'll inspect the conversion without engineering. Another bonus is that the brakes required for the 4K are Major Elite drums, which it already has, so i'll probably do the motor/box conversion, then get it back on the road with the major brakes in it and do the discs and diff conversion later.

Triumph Man
valued contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

55update wrote:
Trev aus wrote:

Trev
Aus

Very Happy yeah SWMBO is obsessed with photos of the new puppy.....

Rego here in SA is pretty good. Doesn't matter how long out of rego and i can go back in and just pay for new rego.

i've already contacted our rego mods department and as long as i submit the forms, get the approval etc etc they'll inspect the conversion without engineering. Another bonus is that the brakes required for the 4K are Major Elite drums, which it already has, so i'll probably do the motor/box conversion, then get it back on the road with the major brakes in it and do the discs and diff conversion later.

Wow your pretty lucky over there, sounds like you have it sorted, major drums are fine if you keep em adjusted.

Trev
Aus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: