Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

Reddos 1000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reddo
I've got trainer wheels

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reddos 1000 Reply with quote

Hi All
i signed up here last week after i found out that i was gunna be the owner of a red 1960 1000 2 door.

I have just added 2 pix of the car in the gallery.

I am sure some of you will recognise the car and fill me on on its builder and previous owners. i bought it from a couple at fredrickton just north of Kempsey. They had only owned it a short while .
It now lives in Barnsley west of Newcastle.

specs are :
A12GX nissan engine , nissan 4 speed, sunny steering column, LJ torana front boosted discs.
grey velour interior, tacho, gauges, woodgrain steering wheel, 13" wheels.
I got 2 X 15" and 2 X 14" simmons look alike wheels in the deal.
Paid $3700.

New to Morris's but this thing is a heap of fun.
need a towbar if anyone can help.
i have a vintage teardrop caravan i want to tow with the Morry.

Pics inserted by a friendly mod (that rules out Frosty).... only because you got there first Scott ...

stracho
Full Licence

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: morrie Reply with quote

hi mate a bargain at that price if it is as good as it looks in the photos, very nice sorry i cant tell you much about it as i have not seen it anywhere

tonynoosa
valued contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: NICE BUT Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a vintage teardrop caravan i want to tow with the Morry.

Bugger the MM send me lots of picks of the Vintage Teardrop

reddo
I've got trainer wheels

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stacho'
Someone told me the car was in the twin lakes ( Gosford area) Morris Car Club. ????

Hi Tony

ooooooo Bugger..... sprung!!!

I will have to admit it now . i have 2 old caravans. 1 is a 12 ft bondwood called "matilda" that was built in 1954 in sandgate Qld. I tow it with a mildly customised EK Holden ute.
Heres a link to a few shots of the car

http://vintagecaravans.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=towcarsboard&action=display&thread=1145011875

heres the link to a few shots of the big van

.http://vintagecaravans.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=photo&action=display&thread=1139122370&page=1

Other van is a Teardrop van that i built from a 1954 aluminium over ply van that i demolished and recycled most of the bits to build the little van.

here is a link to the story about how it was built... warning: Its long winded ... about 9 pages. ya need a sense of humour and about 10 minutes of reading to follow the script. Probably better ta just start about page 5 and scroll flat out through the posts
http://vintagecaravans.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=photo&action=display&thread=1152161646

I am heading to the wintersun festival middle of next week. Would have liked to have towed the TD van with the morry but i doubt if i will have a towbar up and on the car by then. Besides that the wiring behind the dash looks like a rats nest and i need to spend a bit of time sorting through the mess so that "rockin robin " dont decide to "self destruct" while travelling up the highway.
Other issue is rear springs/ shocks handling the van. The TD van has a towball weight of around 10 to 15kg so thats not a lot of weight to be putting on the rear end. From what i have seen Morry towbars arent exactly a "mack truck" accessory so i will be carefull and make sure i dont overload it.

Sorry for getting off track and away from the Morris Minor trail . i will behave myself in the future and not mention H*l*e* cars Eye Rolls or caravans on this forum.

Reddo

Morris Minor, Morris Minor, Morris Minor, Morris Minor

tonynoosa
valued contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Rule Book Reply with quote

You are quite allowed to talk to me and others about Teardrops and other bigger vans.
Reason....
Somewhere in the rule book it says..Quote " Morris Minor Forum with any and all attachments "
Sub Section ...Engin changes...
Sub sub section any other thing that can be hung off a Morris ..

SO in my book that means if ya stick on a TOWBAR any thing that is attached to the said towbar is hung off a Morris!!!!!!!

reddo
I've got trainer wheels

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
Will let ya know when i get the "Farm-all 3 point linkage and slasher " sorted out on the Morry Very Happy
Reddo

Paul M
valued contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddo Quoted
Quote:
not mention H*l*e* cars or caravans on this forum.

Dont worry, if its good enough for Site Admin, then you should be OK (No offence Skidmond!)

Skidmond
valued contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for your life guys Very Happy Very Happy no objections from the Holden camp Shocked

Andrew
3rd gear

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddo,

I have nottice that your located at West Barnsley, Just for your information the Morris Owners Club Hunter Region will be having their Rego day on June 16th from 9am to 12pm at Mortons Garage Barnsley. If you were interested you can show up, There will be plenty of Minors there. Also if you were interested in making your own towbar you probably could draw a few pans or get measurement as a few Minors there will have towbars.

reddo
I've got trainer wheels

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew
Yep . can see Mortons from where i live.
Johns was the first port of call when i got the car home and started searching for towbars.
He gave me Errols phone number as well as garry Loves number out at Kilaben Bay.
He also mentioned the club rego day to me.
I feel that someone in the club will know the car and maybe give me a bit of history on it... who built it and when.
It aint no show car but it has got all the good bits and just needs a bit of TLC to tidy it back up.
I am taking the Holden uteand TD caravan to the wintersun festival at Kirra beach next week and over the long weekend. should be home the middle of the week before the meeting. I will make an effort to tidy things up a bit around the red robin and drop over for a squizz at the other MM's.

Thanks for the reminder
Reddo

Scouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddo, selling it already ??
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Modified-Classic-1960-Morris-Minor-2-door_W0QQitemZ270133612654QQihZ017QQcategoryZ101895QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

reddo
I've got trainer wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott
Yeah mate.

We have copped a hell of a flogging down here with the floods. Luckily the morris only got wet on her underbelly.
I have a collection of old pommy motorbikes ,a 1961 holden ute and 2 vintage plywood caravans....but no boats!!!!.
The bikes and 1 van copped a drowning and only the registered bike is insured.
I need to get the other bikes apart and dried / repaired before the flood water stuffs the mechanicals completely. The longer i take the more damage i will have to fix.
I had about half a metre of water through my garage. water came up to the floorboards of the house and then dropped away ... thank christ.

I removed all the carpet and underfelt out of the morry, washed and shampood the seats. Gave it an oil change and shes happy.
I took it over to mortons the other day when the newcastle club had their rego day. Thought someone may have known the car. Apparently not a local car. possibly from Gosford area.
Unfortunately i am working on the theory of "last one hired first one fired".
Too many toys and not enough "hospital funds" to maintain them all.

Hoping for something just over $3500 .
meanwhile 45 people watching on ebay and 3 coming to check the car out this weekend.

Cheers
all
Reddo

Scouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your woes Reddo. Let's hope the weather forecast for the next couple of days doesn't make things worse.

At least you're OK & I hope everything gets sorted out for the best for you.

reddo
I've got trainer wheels

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All.
Sad day in history. Car sold last night on ebay. ( $5200) It will be heading to Kellyville in sydney shortly.

Will still drop in on the site occassionally and keep in touch with you guys.
Hopefully will buy another Morry when we get things sorted out around here.

Regards
Reddo

Scouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the Morry was a good investment & I hope you're back on your feet with the rest of your collection soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: