Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

NRMA MOTORFEST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: NRMA MOTORFEST Reply with quote

Shock and Horror. It that time again tickets arrived Friday and I need a month to get the car ready.
Good news we are early start this year 6.20 am should mean we up at the Hyde Park end .
Hope to see some of you there.Once again over subscribed and they are asking for notification if you can not make it as there are plenty of reserves. Yellow Sedan Red Sedan Blue Sedan

Scouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: NRMA MOTORFEST Reply with quote

John Ballard wrote:
I need a month to get the car ready.
What do you need to do to your car John ?
There can't be a months worth of work surely !!

I have a spare ticket available. The NSW club has 1st option if someone misses out but if anyone from here wants to go, let me know.
Otherwise I'll hand it back to the Motorfest organisers.

redback
valued contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow Van Les and I might pay a visit if all is going to plan. Regards heather

andyd
overdrive

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
i have a '70 traveller and would like to be involved in motorfest for the first time. is it too late to get tickets?
cheers
andy
andydraper@hotmail.com

redback
valued contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow Van I may have a spare one if you want it. I will let you know on wednesday if I do or not. Regards Heather

John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyd
Hi look me up down there I will have as do others " Forum Member" Yellow Sedan Sticker in my window Yellow Woody Yellow Ute Eye Rolls

Scouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyd wrote:
Hello!
i have a '70 traveller and would like to be involved in motorfest for the first time. is it too late to get tickets?
cheers
andy
andydraper@hotmail.com
Hi Andy.
Officially, it is too late to get tickets. Entries closed back in November.

Are you a member of a Minor club at all?

andyd
overdrive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
im not a member of a morris club other than the MMOC (UK). i live in Collaroy (on Sydney's northern beaches) and there's not a club around here i am aware of.
Heather - thanks loads for trying to find a spare!
cheers
a

Scouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, my spare ticket has been snaffled already but there was another one going spare within the NSW club.
I'll make a couple of calls & see if it's still free. It's for a 6.20am start though.

BTW, the NSW club would be your "local" club but there's no pressure to join. Another Morry & owner would be great to see Very Happy .

andyd
overdrive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
that would be greaat if there is one. thanks loads! my number is 0412 684315.
cheers
andy

John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letter from NRMA to day with map for Motorfest Australia Day.
All club members received yellow windscreen stickers 6.20 am start
Map shows yellow section bottom of street for display.
O.K. My presumption that a bottle fills up bottom first yellow stickers and 6.20 am start our club will be first in.
NO phone call confirmed Morris Minor Car Club NSW are at the top of the street in the blue section.
As my wife said Quote "They should get a woman to organize it" Yellow Van Yellow Woody Yellow Sedan Yellow Ute Yellow Convertible

John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had another great day at the NRMA Motorfest always good to catch with Scott, also met Drew and Andy from the forum. Weather was perfect the 6.20 start made it a long day though.
My car travelled the 960 klm well , with a broken boot handle and a flat tyre the only problems.
Scott tried to fix the handle but parts of it was missing. ( No wonder it rattled)
The flat tyre was apparent when we left the motel in the Blue Mountains.
I have removed the tube and it appears perished. Yellow Sedan Yellow Ute

Drew
valued contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good day. Great to meet you John, and Scott and Andy and plenty of other people.

My first MotorFest. It gives a real buzz seing a bunch of people standing around your car chatting and pointing at things.

I wish I was in a better state of health to enjoy the day fully, there's always next year - I might even have a chance to polish the '49 before then! ha I'm sure I'll have done lots of little jobs on the old girl by then. It kinda felt weird as I've only had the '49 for a week!

I had a bit of a stumble on the way back home, trying to keep up with a fellow club member on the M2, and we came to an abrupt halt off an exit (I hadn't used that one before and I think Derek might have forgotten how old and original Maggie is). There was a bit of smoke from under the car, and a squeaky noise under the bonnet. So I pulled over to have a look. A couple of blokes pulled over in an old Jaguar to help, mighty nice of them, I sent them on their way as I was alright. The fan belt is shot and noisy, and there is grease leaking from the NS front wheel bearing. Gawd knows how old the grease is, that's on my long list of service items on a vehicle that hasn't been driven for 10+ years. All in all, she performed admirably! Now I've just got to get back on my feet and get through the jobs on the '49. Saturday wore me out!

I admire you coming all the way from Dubbo. I'm at Bilpin if you ever need a hand on Bells Line (if you come this way).

Cheers,

Drew.

Triumph Man
valued contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew wrote:

It was a good day. Great to meet you John, and Scott and Andy and plenty of other people.

My first MotorFest. It gives a real buzz seing a bunch of people standing around your car chatting and pointing at things.

I wish I was in a better state of health to enjoy the day fully, there's always next year - I might even have a chance to polish the '49 before then! ha I'm sure I'll have done lots of little jobs on the old girl by then. It kinda felt weird as I've only had the '49 for a week!

I had a bit of a stumble on the way back home, trying to keep up with a fellow club member on the M2, and we came to an abrupt halt off an exit (I hadn't used that one before and I think Derek might have forgotten how old and original Maggie is). There was a bit of smoke from under the car, and a squeaky noise under the bonnet. So I pulled over to have a look. A couple of blokes pulled over in an old Jaguar to help, mighty nice of them, I sent them on their way as I was alright. The fan belt is shot and noisy, and there is grease leaking from the NS front wheel bearing. Gawd knows how old the grease is, that's on my long list of service items on a vehicle that hasn't been driven for 10+ years. All in all, she performed admirably! Now I've just got to get back on my feet and get through the jobs on the '49. Saturday wore me out!

I admire you coming all the way from Dubbo. I'm at Bilpin if you ever need a hand on Bells Line (if you come this way).

Cheers,

Drew.

Are we talking Derek from Nth Richmond with the Greeen 4dr??? Very Happy He is in a good spot for a break when passing by, & always has cold beer in the fridge Very Happy
& if your a tea tottler his missus is always cooking the best cakes etc.

You wouldn't have 2 morries in your front yard on Bells line by any chance??? Very Happy
Trev
Aus

Drew
valued contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev aus wrote:
Are we talking Derek from Nth Richmond with the Greeen 4dr???

Yep, that's him. Great bloke, has really made me feel welcome back to the Nepean Club.
Trev aus wrote:
You wouldn't have 2 morries in your front yard on Bells line by any chance??? Very Happy

Nope, that's not me. I think I know where you mean, there's a place near Kurmond School. I'm about 20km further west than that, and we are just off Bells Line.

Drew.

Triumph Man
valued contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew wrote:
Trev aus wrote:
Are we talking Derek from Nth Richmond with the Greeen 4dr???

Yep, that's him. Great bloke, has really made me feel welcome back to the Nepean Club.
Trev aus wrote:

Nope, that's not me. I think I know where you mean, there's a place near Kurmond School. I'm about 20km further west than that, and we are just off Bells Line.

Drew.

I guess you know Ian as well from Grose Vale, he just left here after stopping for a cupper & to see who is going to Bathurst swap.
Very Happy Trev
Aus

Drew
valued contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev aus wrote:
I guess you know Ian as well from Grose Vale, he just left here after stopping for a cupper & to see who is going to Bathurst swap.
Very Happy Trev
Aus

Yep I know Ian. Haven't seen him for nearly 20 years! He did the discs and diff in my old '58 when I was a kid. I heard he was getting out of Morries.

Andrew.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » Club Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: