Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

MORRIS MINOR NATIONAL RALLY 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » National Rally ~ Victoria 2017
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morrris55
learning to change gears

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: MORRIS MINOR NATIONAL RALLY 2017 Reply with quote

The Morris Minor Car Club of Victoria would like to propose to host the 2017 National Rally (Day of the Morris Minor)

The proposed rally may be held at the Caribbean Gardens at Scorsesby (Melbourne) in mid November 2017.
At this stage it will be simple one day event – with a possible run on the Sunday.

Judging of the cars will be by people’s choice in a number of different categories.
There may be a special concourse judging category.

Caribbean Gardens offer a range of events attractions during the day.

Register on the day
A Grill Badge may be produced
Prizes awarded in the afternoon
Delegates Meeting for future National Rallies

An follow up email will be sent out in November

Looking forward to a positive response

Richard McKellar
National Rally Delegate Morris Minor Car Club of Victoria

Caribbean Gardens is a 100 acres market and gardens located in the outer eastern suburb of Scoresby in Melbourne, Australia. It is one of the largest privately run markets in Australia and has been operating since 1965.

The market itself is contained under a large warehouse and has adjoining large recreational gardens and amusement rides such as a chairliftover the lake, relocated from Whistle Stop Amusement Park in 1970, and is the only recreational chairlift currently operating in Victoria. Other rides include a train ride and boat cruises. The train circumnavigates Lake Caribbean on its 3.14 kilometre loop track

John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame we cannot as a group of Morris Minor Clubs not have enough get up and go to keep our 4 day Easter National Rally going , given also that it only every two years.
There is no doubt in my mind that we need a National body like the UK.
How does the Morris Minor Owners Club of Australia sound.
Meanwhile I will hang my head in shame. Eye Rolls

morrris55
learning to change gears

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: MORRIS MINOR NATIONAL RALLY 2017 Reply with quote

The MMCC of Victoria Proposal will buy the Australian Morris Minor Community another two years.

The Morris Minor Owners Club of Australia sounds just fine.
We do need a National Body like the UK - but I am afraid it was the case of too many cooks in the kitchen.

We have had positive feedback thus far with the Victorian proposal.
The event will probably be held over two days - but at this stage we need to consolidate the views of the host club.

Watch this space - emails will be circulated in a month or so.

Regards

Richard

John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there but it is not the same.

Bally
At rest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
Given the fact that I was reliant on my three sons to enable me to attend the 17th. at Albury Wadonga, I feel it would be a let down to have them help me to attend a one day event, wherever it may be. In view of the fact that Albury was my first rally which I enjoyed so much, I am saddened by the fact that the Easter 2015 rally cannot be repeated.
Cheers Bob

grant69

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will stick my neck out and am ready to be criticised, but the Nationals steering committee is not dead and buried. Several of the Delegates have shown that they had an agenda to run their own show, and good luck to them. We will as a steering committee, continue and we will be seeking new representations from the clubs whose members are aren't supportive of the Nationals and the steering committee as it stands, and we already have interest for a 2019 Rally. The steering committee will work with the Victoria Club so people traveling vast distances feel they are getting value for the costs involved in attending. Australia is such a huge country and where a one day event may work in the UK where you drive across the country in a day, distances traveled in Australia are huge, with some people traveling 3-4000km.

Kel
我能行

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had 100-200 cars on displayed, I think, it would be a struggle to get around the whole lot within one day.

To learn from other people’s designs and thoughts, about their morries, would take more than one day.
I kind of like to chin wag with all the old friends and to look at the cars. I don't think you could view all the cars in one day and or get to talk to all your friends

Also, to have a few drinks and dinner with old friends, that you haven't seen in a couple of years, is also special.

I kind of like the 2-4 days rally, where you can view the cars and steal some ideas
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just my 2 cents worth

Kel

Monk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I'm sure as well as the actual time 'on the ground' in Melbourne we'll all find ways to make the trip down worthwhile!! Looking forward to it.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to chat, Kel!

Cheers,

Matthew B
Full Licence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would love the drive, it would be very hard to justify 8 days driving for a 1 day event, especially if I brought my son with me. Any chance of attending would have to be a trip for other reasons where the show was a stopover on the way. NR badge, entry etc would have little meaning. It would not be a national rally to me.

1 day is not enough to catch up with everyone. At a normal national rally, it is a struggle to get around the cars and catch up - no chance in a one day event where everyone is gone 6 hours after turning up.

Very disappointed that this is what it has come to.

Fishmm51
overdrive

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just my 2 cents worth only new but for a one day event it is a long way to travel. I have only been to one rally which was at Port NSW but it was a great show and which not owning a morrie in that time I now have 2 and next year hope to make more events to meet everyone. so a 2 or 3 day event would give a good catch up and be able to meet and greet.
but good luck

Bill Littlehales
At rest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: National Rallye Reply with quote

Hi MORRY enthusiasts out there in morry Land
Its great to see the comments in regard to the national rally it is with regret by the committee of the Albury Wodonga rally that we came up empty with no where to go for the next rally it was a great dissapointment to us as a group and maybe 2019 may get it back on track
this is just an idea make only one dinner the presentation and something simple for the arrival night which will keep the costs down then instead of a run or tour on the Sunday have a display day and local picnic after the concourse on saturday
only ideas not recommendations

Bill Littlehales

PS I still believe for the future of the morris minor movement that a National body needs to be achieved some how for stability for the clubs

John Ballard
valued contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree Bill The sooner we form a National Body the better.

53s2mm
Got the hang of this ...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All
Things are in place to make this happen
Clubs will be notified early in the new year
All is good

Brian

Kel
我能行

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad that the rally has been moved to mid November. To get time off work would be a struggle for me at that time.

I am sorry but I will not be attending the 2017 rally
Kel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » National Rally ~ Victoria 2017 All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: