Morris Minor ShopMorris Down Under Forum Forum Index Classic Car Trader

No name "Morry".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmy_d
Full Licence

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: No name "Morry". Reply with quote

Well,as mentioned elsewhere,Christine and I parted ways but I am still working,albeit it slowly on a Morry project. This old girl is a 2 door sedan,better than many when it comes to rust,the usual A pillar issues and a little around the top of the rear wheel arches but thats about it. I have to date basically dealt with all the rust issues of concern,deleted the semaphore holes on the side of the body,fitted a Mazda steering column,altered the dash a little,cut back the bulkhead crossmember a bit and removed a section from the front crossmember for my anticipated Datsun 1200 installation,deleted the floor mount pedals in favor of some swing type pedals and have welded the rear guards on with the intention of moulding them in to place and have a set of front buckets from some version of Hyundai. Thats about it at present,I am currently sorting the datsun engine and box with a new clutch and new rear gearbox extension housing seal,will then bolt it up in place and go from there but waiting for some better weather as I work outside.Not quite sure what direction or appearance it will take but will work on that as I go

jimmy_d
Full Licence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small update,still plodding away.The 1200 has been given a new clutch and fitted into the engine bay,the bucket seats have been mounted,swing pedals mounted and re-inforced back to the dash area with the steering column mount as the firewalls are not really designed for the stress of this sort of pedal assembly,brake booster fitted but not plumbed up yet and wanting to organise discs for the front end so will only boost the front lines. Need to get a new radiator,anyone have opinions on the Aluminium ones advertised on ebay?Thats about it for the moment.

jimmy_d
Full Licence

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still proceeding on the coupe slowly,just finishing up the fitment of KE55 Corolla rear axle,will then move on to Corolla front discs. Havent touched the body really yet excepting for a few small rust repairs. Currently waiting on return of modded tailshaft to set pinion angle,then weld on the new perches and sort the shocks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Morris Down Under Forum Forum Index » My Morry All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: